Earning the Common Sense School badge is a symbol of your school's dedication and commitment to helping students think critically and use technology responsibly to learn, create, and participate. To earn the Common Sense School badge, complete four steps:
- Teach digital citizenship lessons.
- Engage families.
- Reflect + apply.
Common Sense Schools earn:
- A digital badge for your school's website.
- A printable banner to display in your school.
- A letter for your district superintendent about achievements.
- A sample press release to share with your local newspaper.
Find detailed steps, links to resources, and apply using the Common Sense School Road Map. Make a copy and get started today!
Criteria must be completed during the 2022-2023 school year. Applications are rolling and accepted between mid-August 2022 and June 30, 2023.
Use the Digital Citizenship Implementation Guide to save time, plan ahead, and create a clear process for educators and the leadership team at your school. Find planning templates, checklists, helpful videos, and success stories from school districts like yours here.
DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP SCHOOL COHORT
The Common Sense School cohort is a semester-long program that provides additional support for educators who want to implement digital citizenship school-wide and create a culture of healthy media use in their school or district.
By the end of the fourth month cohort, participants will have:
- Developed a plan for implementing digital citizenship school-wide, no matter what setting you’re
- teaching in: in-person, hybrid, virtual
- Created a strong foundation of support for teaching digital citizenship at your school
- Identified how the Common Sense Education Digital Citizenship lessons connect to school curriculum
- Completed 20 hours of professional learning
- A roadmap to earn your Common Sense School badge
Registration open August 20.
- Please read through our FAQ in the Help Center.
- If you have further questions, please post in the Common Sense Education Community or email [email protected] with "Recognition" in the subject line.
- If you applied but haven't heard from us, you can check your status here.