We know that it's more important than ever to teach your students to use technology responsibly to learn, create, and participate. Show your commitment to teaching 21st-century skills by becoming a Common Sense Educator by completing four steps:
- Learn: Take one of our free courses/webinars
- Teach: Teach a digital citizenship lesson
- Engage: Support and engage your families by sharing a resource
- Reflect: Provide a brief reflection and apply
Completing these steps should take approximately three to five hours The actual application will take an additional five minutes. Common Sense Educators receive:
- The professional development and practice that builds your confidence teaching digital citizenship and integrating technology into your classroom, school, or district
- A Common Sense Educator digital badge for your résumé or email signature
- An invitation to apply to be a Common Sense Ambassador
Find detailed steps, links to resources, and apply using the Common Sense Educator Road Map. Make a copy and get started today! When you're ready to submit, simply fill out the application form that is linked on the Road Map.
Anyone who is an educator—whether a classroom teacher, administrator, tech coach, librarian, homeschool teacher, preservice teacher, parent coordinator, or community partner—can become a Common Sense Educator. Use the Digital Citizenship Curriculum Connections (K-5, 6-12) to plan and narrow down which Common Sense Education resource best fits your role and classroom curriculum.