We know that it's more important than ever to teach your students to use technology responsibly to learn, create, and participate. Show your commitment to teaching 21st-century skills by becoming a Common Sense Educator by completing four steps:
- Teach a digital citizenship lesson.
- Engage families.
- Reflect + apply.
Completing the steps should take approximately four to six hours. The actual application will take an additional five minutes. Common Sense Educators receive:
- A Common Sense Educator digital badge for your résumé or email signature.
- An invitation to apply to be a Common Sense Ambassador.
- The professional development and practice that builds your confidence teaching digital citizenship and integrating technology into your classroom, school, or district.
Find detailed steps, links to resources, and apply using the Common Sense Educator Road Map. Make a copy and get started today!
Applications are rolling and accepted between August 2022 and June 30, 2023.
Anyone who is an educator—whether a classroom teacher, administrator, tech coach, librarian, homeschool teacher, preservice teacher, parent coordinator, or community partner—can become a Common Sense Educator. Use the Digital Citizenship Curriculum Connections (K-5, 6-12) to plan and narrow down which Common Sense Education resource best fits your role and classroom curriculum.
DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP SCHOOL COHORT
The Common Sense School cohort is a semester-long program that provides additional support for educators who want to implement digital citizenship school-wide and create a culture of healthy media use in their school or district.
By the end of the fourth month cohort, participants will have:
- Developed a plan for implementing digital citizenship school-wide, no matter what setting you’re
- teaching in: in-person, hybrid, virtual
- Created a strong foundation of support for teaching digital citizenship at your school
- Identified how the Common Sense Education Digital Citizenship lessons connect to school curriculum
- Completed 20 hours of professional learning
- A roadmap to earn your Common Sense School badge