Find out how to connect with parents in a simple, efficient way.
Phone calls, emails, and overbooked parent-teacher conferences are some of the more familiar ways to connect with parents. But these options aren't always the most productive. The apps and websites featured this week offer instant, practical, and simple ways to keep parents updated and students engaged in their learning.
So this year, do you want to:
- Discuss topics and spur collaboration with parents and students? Check out Collaborize Classroom.
- See a visual timeline of your students' progress that you can share with parents? Give ClassDojo a try.
- Reach parents quickly and securely, while engaging your students, too? Head to Remind or ClassDojo Messenger.
- Create a classroom blog or website to get students writing and parents reading? Try Edublogs or Blogger for blogs, Google Sites or Weebly for websites.
- Adopt a multipurpose tool to send announcements to parents, handle grading, and be a digital portfolio for your students? Check out FreshGrade.
- Repurpose a tool you're (likely) already familiar with? Use Twitter to get information out to connected parents and students.
To see more recommendations for this list as well as the rating of each app or website, visit the Top Picks List: