The privacy evaluation process categorizes edtech tools into the following three tiers:
Indicates that the service meets the minimum criteria and more research should be completed prior to use.
Indicates that the service does not clearly define the safeguards to protect student information.
Use with Caution
- The terms are unclear about whether or not personal information is sold or rented to third parties.
- Data are shared for advertising or marketing.
- Behavioral or contextual advertising is displayed.
- Data are collected by advertising or tracking services.
- The terms are unclear about whether or not this service uses data to track and target advertisements on other third-party websites or services.
- The terms are unclear about whether or not this service allows third parties to use data to create ad profiles, data enhancement, and/or targeted advertisements.
Donna H. , Classroom teacher
High Point, NC
Explore Our Favorite Tools
Best Apps for Creating Books and StorybooksHelp students share learning through digital books.Grades Pre-K - 12English Language ArtsCommunication & Collaboration
Best Messaging Apps and Websites for Students, Teachers, and ParentsKeep students and parents in the loop with great classroom communication tools.Grades Pre-K - 12
Best Interactive Video Apps and WebsitesCheck out these top tools for creating videos, plus a few more for video annotation and remix.Grades K - 12