* 25 years in the classroom - mostly as a 2-3 GATE teacher
* one year at middle school 6-8 limited English ELA classes
* UC Merced Writing Project Teacher Consultant....12 years.
* special interests: social justice, history, writing, art, academic discourse, and getting students to say...."Whoa!" ...or "Ah Ha!" or..."I get it!" with that look in their eyes that tell you that they really do...or that they are really amazed at SOMETHING new ...That's the moment I live for...
*Google Apps for Education Certified Teacher
* an accidental techie. Had 1:1 devices last year and saw the way that they could transform a lesson/concept to engage a kid....and also saw how they can just be a nuisance....the idea of integrating the devices into our classrooms with purpose and integrity intrigued me...so now I spend my days helping teachers explore this new tool....and, while I have many questions about meaningful ways to use technology in the classroom... I love the possibilities ...
"Teachers need to integrate technology seamlessly into the curriculum instead of viewing it as an add-on, an afterthought, or an event." – Heidi-Hayes Jacobs Heidi is developer of http://www.curriculum21.com/