Great for some kids, a chore for other
Book Likes is a cool site - nice interface, easy to navigate - for tracking your reading, blogging about books, and sharing recommendations. It really focuses on the blog aspect (sharing ideas and opinions about books) which is nice. It's not a lot different from sites like Goodreads, though.
My students used (when this kind of site first came around) to be excited about their digital bookshelves, showing the growth in their reading and the record of their reviews. Today, however, some of them get into it and some do not. We all keep track of what we read in my classes, some of us digitally, some of us with a notebook, and some with index cards. For some, things like Book Likes are great, but for others it's a chore.
Data Safety How safe is this product?
- Users can interact with trusted users.
- Personal information can be displayed publicly.
- User-created content is not filtered for personal information before being made publicly visible.
Data Rights What rights do I have to the data?
- Users can create or upload content.
- Processes to access or review user data are available.
- Processes to modify data are not available for authorized users.
Ads & Tracking Are there advertisements or tracking?
- Personal information is shared for third-party marketing.
- Unclear whether this product displays traditional or contextual advertisements.
- Personalised advertising is displayed.
Continue reading about this tool's privacy practices, including data collection, sharing, and security.