The privacy evaluation process categorizes edtech tools into the following three tiers:
Indicates that the service meets the minimum criteria and more research should be completed prior to use.
Indicates that the service does not clearly define the safeguards to protect student information.
Use with Caution
- Data are sold or rented to third parties.
- Data are shared for advertising or marketing.
- Behavioral or contextual advertising is displayed.
- Data are collected by advertising or tracking services.
- Data are used to track and target advertisements on other third-party websites or services.
- The terms are unclear about whether or not this product allows third parties to use data to create ad profiles, data enhancement, and/or targeted advertisements.
Robin R. , Classroom teacher
Republic, United States
Explore Our Favorite Tools
Best Chrome Apps and Extensions for StudentsGreat apps organized by grade band for Chromebooks or Chrome browsers.Grades Pre-K - 12
Best Messaging Apps and Websites for Students, Teachers, and ParentsKeep students and parents in the loop with great classroom communication tools.Grades Pre-K - 12
Apps and Websites for Improving Parent-Teacher CommunicationKeep parents in the loop with these helpful apps and websites.Grades K - 12