About Common Sense Privacy Ratings
Warning Full evaluation
IXL: Math -- Pre-K skills
- Privacy policies do indicate a version or effective date.
- Unclear whether data are sold or rented to third parties.
- Unclear whether data are shared for third-party advertising and/or marketing.
- Behavioral or targeted advertising is not displayed.
- Data are collected by third-party advertising or tracking services.
- Data are used to track and target advertisements on other third-party websites or services.
- Data profiles are created and used for data enhancement, and/or targeted advertisements.
IXL's Pre-Kindergarten math module offers drills in 42 categories including shapes, counting, size, and money. While not as extensive as IXL's other age groups, this section covers a fair number of beginning math concepts. It's best to use these drills for assessment and practice rather than as an instructional tool. You can also use the site as as you introduce kids to new material, but be sure to supplement any drill-and-practice time with lots of hands-on activities and in-class explorations.
If you're looking for a tool to differentiate, help your kids take advantage of the site's adaptive features -- they'll be able to practice at a more individualized pace. Teachers can use the progress reports to get a sense of students' existing math knowledge. While you'll be able to identify areas for improvement, you'll need to provide help and guidance offline.Continue reading Show less
Adrienne D. , Early childhood education provider
Explore Our Favorite Tools
10 Best Math Tools for Middle School10 top-rated apps and websites for the middle school math classroom.Grades 5–8MathCritical Thinking
Top Fractions Apps and WebsitesElementary school-age tech for learning key fractions concepts.Grades 2–6MathCritical Thinking
Best Business and Finance GamesInvest in kids' future by helping them save and balance today.Grades 2–12Math, Social Studies