About Common Sense Privacy Ratings
Warning Full evaluation
- Privacy policies do indicate a version or effective date.
- Data are sold or rented to third parties.
- Data are shared for third-party advertising and/or marketing.
- Behavioral or targeted advertising is displayed.
- Data are collected by third-party advertising or tracking services.
- Data are used to track and target advertisements on other third-party websites or services.
- Data profiles are created and used for data enhancement, and/or targeted advertisements.
BrainPop's Health offering includes almost 150 animated shorts on topics ranging from body systems to sports. Characters Tim and Moby go over the content clearly and with quirky humor -- a great mix for this age group. Teachers can use these short clips to help kids absorb details as they start to see the big picture; it's an excellent tool for both introductions and synthesis. Use the coordinating activities and worksheets as helpful additions.
Tim and Moby also serve as a humorous way into some wince-inducing topics, like boogers and puberty. The duo present all of the appropriate facts while managing to acknowledge a few embarrassing -- yet typical -- emotions, too. And beyond being kid-appropriate, the videos are educationally sound. Send your kids here when their curiosity extends to topics outside typical classroom coverage: acne, gender determination, or even the appendix.Continue reading Show less
Christy B. , Classroom teacher
Explore Our Favorite Tools
Top Tools for Building Mindfulness in the ClassroomHelp students increase mindfulness with these hand-picked apps and websites.Grades Pre-K–12Health & WellnessCharacter & SEL
Resources for After-School Enrichment Programs and ClubsExtend learning beyond the school day.Grades K–12Arts, Science, Health & WellnessCollege & Career Prep
Best Nutrition, Health, and Fitness Apps for KidsTech to help kids be well.Grades Pre-K–12Health & WellnessCharacter & SEL