Helping Kids Use Social Media Responsibly: An Educator’s Guide to "Social Media TestDrive"
Pressing play on the YouTube video will set third-party cookies controlled by Google if you are logged in to Chrome. See Google's cookie information for details.
Social media has upended the way we communicate and changed the way we see both the world and ourselves. But the sea of change brought on by social media also presents a number of complicated challenges, particularly for younger users. It’s natural that kids and tweens want to explore social media but navigating that world without a guide can be overwhelming and even dangerous.
In this edWebinar you will learn about Social Media TestDrive, a free educational tool created by researchers from Cornell University’s Social Media Lab in collaboration with Common Sense Education. Social Media TestDrive allows young people to navigate realistic scenarios and dilemmas they might encounter as users of social media in a safe virtual environment. By the end of the session you will:
- Learn about recent trends of media use among young people
- Understand how experiential learning is implemented in Social Media TestDrive
- Review a Social Media TestDrive module
- Know how to implement Social Media TestDrive modules in your classroom
- Identify ways to use Social Media TestDrive as a family engagement tool