#WithMathICan Design and Build a Bot
1 Introduction to Robotics- Building with Cubelets
1) Teacher will introduce students to Cublets. Explaining the features of each cube and demonstrating with they can do.
2) Teacher will divide students into small groups and explain that they will be creating a "bot". They will be given an interactive whiteboard app (previously learned), to design/ sketch a "bot" and they need to figure out how this "bot" will move.
3) The teacher will explain the different cubes needed and their purpose. At least 1 power cube, 2 wheels, and a sensory cube will be needed to drive their "bot." They will be given 6 cubes in total to work with.
4) Teacher will tell students, before presenting their bot, they will have to include measurements (height and length)before presenting.
5) Teacher will put tape on the floor to create a maze for the "bot"
1. Using our tablets, in your groups, you will design/ draw a "bot" using 5 Cubelets that can balance and move properly through a maze. The bot will be timed to see which design is able to get through the maze properly.
2. Students will need to use an app to plan out their "bot" and present the drawing before driving their "bot" through the given maze.
3. Each group will be given an opportunity to practice and try moving their bot through the maze before the final presentation.
4. Students will need to think about:
What cubes worked best to create an efficient "bot"?
Was it easier to design or build?
How many times did you have to redesign your "bot"?
And did anyone have the same or similar design?