Using Technology to Enhance an "All About Me!" Book
Teacher will create an "All About Me" book template to distribute to students. Teacher will also create his/her own "All About Me!" Book using Book Creator to present to the class.
View the teacher's created book as a class.
QUESTIONS FOR STUDENTS:
- What did you learn about your teacher in this story?
- What did you already know about your teacher?
- What other things might you want to learn about somebody?
2 Direct Instruction
- View and explain the story template with the students,(including various types of text features they must include.)
- Explain to the students that they will be using the information from their graphic organizer map and using it to complete their "All About Me!" book using the Book Creator App. Demonstrate adding each type of feature into a sample story.
- Model completion of an "All About Me!" graphic organizer.
- Model inputting some of the information from the graphic organizer into a sample book.
3 Independent Practice
- Students will work on completing their own "All About Me!" Graphic organizers. When completed, they will open the Book Creator app on their iPad and begin creation of their story.
- Students will continue to work independently on transferring their information from a graphic organizer to their digital book.
4 Conclusion / Assessment
Using an Apple TV or other screen sharing device, each student will present their completed stories to the class. Make sure to share the final product with an authentic audience in the classroom and/or on the school website (if appropriate!)
Student work may be assessed on:
- Completeness of given "All About Me!" Template
- Inclusion of multiple text features (audio, visual, etc.)
- Presentation to peers