Using Google Docs for Lab Reports
1 Guided Practice
Teacher will have a sample lab report projected to model for students as they work with their lab groups within their own Google Docs
- Students will get together with their lab groups and open a Google Doc for Lab #1: Domino Lab.
- Students will share their Google Doc with one another so al have editing privileges.
- Students will create 2 tables in their Doc that mimic the tables in their lab reports
- Students will open a to a Google Sheets Document and give it a title to match their lab report.
- Model for students how to create a graph of their lab data using Google Sheets
- Have students go to desmos.com. Show students how to create a graph in Desmos. Students can choose which graph they want to include in their report.
- Model for students how to take a screenshot and insert an image, as well as how to insert an image from their Drive
- Students will choose one of their graphs and open it in Google Draw. Students will make a comment using the free draw or text add ons within Draw
- Model for students how to submit a Google Doc through Schoology: Students should get the link to share from their Google Doc with privileges set to comment. Students will include the link in their lab submission through Schoology.