This Book is on Fire!
1 Activating Strategies
1. Link to prior knowledge:
- Fahrenheit wordsplash—terms from background notes—students write about the terms, trying to connect ten of them in a way that makes sense.
- Then students will complete video-guided notes on the 1950s background of the novel.
*The video is not available to post here, for obvious reasons, but any video that gives background should be sufficient.
2. Hook: Agree-Disagree chart (Students should text the words "agree" or "disagree" to polleverywhere.com for each question.)
2 Teaching the Novel
Students will read the novel, completing study questions and four interactive video journals as they go.
They will complete a Google Voice response to a prompt on authority.
- They will have several quizzes about the reading each week.
- They will complete a unit test.
- Their journals will be graded as part of their writing portfolio for this semester but will be due on test day.
- The written recitation will be graded as a % of words correct out of the total words.
My quizzes and tests are available on Teachers Pay Teachers, but you do not need those to complete this lesson plan:)