Sources of Persuasion
1 Attention Getter:
1. I will display a commercial focusing on pathos.
2. I will display a commercial focusing on ethos.
3. I will display a commercial focusing on logos.
Students will fill out a word wall with terms they think each video appeals to or what the video makes them think of.
1. Watch each video. Be thinking what the commercial appeals to in you. Think of words that come to mind or pop out at you.
2. Fill out your words under each video in the Padlet address given.
2 Direct Instruction
1. Present each key term of persuasion to the students. Show 3 different commercials that focus on each source
2. Emphasis placed upon how each term is featured in the commercial.
Take notes about each of the sources of persuasion. You will use those notes to complete a project later.
3 Guided Practice:
Students will watch 3 more commercials.
Students will take a 3 question Kahoot identifying each commercial by the source of persuasion used.
Watch the following three commercials. Then log into the Kahoot ID presented to you. Good Luck.
4 Independent Practice / Assessment
Students will be given two choices for this practice.
1. Students will create their own Padlet giving 3 examples for each source of persuasion. The examples can use any media available to the student
2, Students will create their own advertisement using Canva that focuses on one source of persuasion.
Choose one of the following
1. Create a Padlet word wall that gives three examples for EACH source of persuasion. Use any media available to create the wall.
2. Create a Canva project that is an advertisement that focuses on only one of the sources of persuasion.
In both cases publish the result.
5 Wrap up:
Show the original 3 commercials to the students.
Take one additional Kahoot with students answering the source of persuasion for each of the 3 commercials.
Watch the opening 3 commercials again. Decide which source of persuasion is used. Take the final Kahoot and provide your answers for each.