1 Finding eBooks
Students will log in to Biblionasium with the "Kids" sign in. They will use preset usernames and passwords:
Students will then read as many books as possible for a 15 minute challenge. The books are selected to show the following resources:
We Give Books
- Go to Biblionasium
- Select "Members Sign In"
- Select "Kids Sign In" and use the provided username and passwords
- Select My Group to find your challenge - try to read as many of the group books as you can in 15 minutes. Note that each book can be found online.
- Directions to find each book are in the book reviews.
- Sites that will be used include TumbleBooks, Overdrive, We Give Books and Mackin Via.
2 What to do with these books?
Students will explore resources and share information on Padlet
Select the assigned resource
Explore the resource
Add a sticky note to the Padlet wall by clicking below your resource and explaining the following:
- What is it?
- How might you use it as a reading specialist?
- How might a classroom teacher use it?
3 Leveled Texts
Show the LiveBinder resources and the teacher view of Newsela - quizzes, levels, etc.