Personal Narrative Digital Presentation
1 Hook/Attention Getter
- Connect the lesson to the Personal Narratives that the students have just completed. Tell them they are going to create a digital version of their personal narrative using Powtoons.
- Show students the Youtube video of a Powtoons personal narrative.
Instruct students to go to Powtoons.com. Have them log in using their student gmail accounts.
Have the students watch the tutorial video of how to use Powtoons. Have students spend time exploring the elements of Powtoons (this can be one whole lesson of exploration).
2 Direct Instruction
- Tell the students that the first thing that needs to be done in order to create their digital personal narrative is that they need to create a storyboard. Show them the Prezi (including videos) of film storyboarding. Direct them to the google doc that we will use to storyboard.
- Complete a story board for the model personal narrative - students should complete a template at the same time as teacher.
3 Guided instruction
- Direct students to use the story board to create a Powtoons presentation. Have students create a powtoon for the model personal narrative at the same time as teacher.
4 Independent Practice
- Students make their own storyboard of their personal narrative.
- Students make their own Powtoon digital presentation of their personal narrative.
- Students give and receive feedback to classmates and revise and edit their presentations.
5 Wrap Up
- Students share their presentations with each other using classroom screen technology. They give and receive feedback for their presentations.