People in History Rock!
- Introduce music as a way to commuincate with others.
- Provide discussion time for students - how people remember words/phrases/ ideas when set to music.
- Provide a link to the following website
- Choose several to listen to and discuss
2 Direct Instruction
- Choose one of the songs from the website:
- Listen again
- Create a class word cloud to illustrate what they learned about that specific person
3 Guided Practice
- Students should choose a figure from history - helpful to provide a list of appropriate people.
- Using online resources such as
- Working in google drive - have the students create a new document listing the positive attributes of their chosen person - accomplishment - important facts.
- Share the document with teacher/classmates
4 Independent Practice
- After students have complete their list of important facts about a person from history -
- Introduce the GarageBand App
- Allow time for practice and play
- Have kids create a music track approximately 60 seconds
- After creating a base- they will speak, sing or rap the important facts (and record into GarageBand)
- They can then export the informational song to a class protopage for example:
In my classroom - each project should "have wings" and be visible outside of the regular classroom. To help the kids realize that their information can be viewed by parents, other classes and students around the world, we are creating QR codes to share and distribute.
is a free website that allows students to copy the link (protopage) and create a QR Code.