Modern Day Holocaust Connections
- Watch video of Syrian Refugee and discuss the basic terms and ideas of refugee status.
2 Direct Instruction
- Discuss the levels of a Genocide Watch as defined on the site. http://www.genocidewatch.org/sudan.html
- Show Google Maps location of these areas of concern.
3 Guided Practice/Independent Practice
- Using the Wheel Decide, allow students to spin. The resulting area is the one in which they will engage in research on and off the Genocide Watch site to create a 4-Slide Google Slide presentation.
- Area of concern and Watch status
- Reason for said conflict (the why behind their eradication/oppression)
- Specific information about how the children are affected
- Current status of this country and number affected
4 Wrap Up
- Watch Most Shocking a Day video.
- Open up padlet.com to allow students to contribute to the sounding board of reactions to the video and the information they have learned today.