Making & Tinkering
1 Stanley's Sustainable Machine
The Design Challenge
Making- Build a machine that will take Stanley to the moon.
Engineering- Create/Design a sustainable machine with loose parts.
- How will you build the machine?
- What does your machine need to include?
- What loose parts(items) will you use to make the machine?
- What will your machine look like?(Sketch or Draw it.
- What ideas worked for Stanley?
- Could you combine any of Stanley's ideas to make a sustainable machine?
- What do you think your machine needs to have successful travel to the moon?
- How will you make the machine strong enough to travel to the moon?
Build or Create it
Gather the loose parts you need
Build It----> Try It---->Revise It----> Share It
Questions and Comments
- What do you think would happen if you built it with different materials?
- Do you think that Stanley could use this to travel to the moon?
- Tell me about your machine.
- Why do you think that Stanley's ideas didn't work in the beginning?
- How do you think your machine compares to Stanley's?