Let it Shine
- students discover different aspects of electricity and circuits as they explore parts that can be put together to make a circuit.
- Allow students free exploration with the items.
2 Model And Direct Teach
- Ask students question - What is needed to create a complete circuit and and make a bulb light up?
- Guide them to answer what each item does - battery, wires, and switch.
- Show them a movie clip from Brainpop that explains how a complete circuit is made.
Students connect all components so that the bulb will light up.
4 Demonstration of Learning
students draw a complete circuit, label the parts and draw arrows showing how electricity travel in a circuit