Landforms Chatterpix Video
Use PebbleGo to learn about a few landforms (caves, glaciers, and mountains). Talk about the kind of information included in each one:
- What they are
- Types of the landform
- Plants and animals that live there
2 Accessing Prior Knowledge
Review other landforms that the class has studied, listing them on chart paper or the board. Possible examples may include: lakes, rivers, plateaus, mountains, valleys, plains, islands, canyons, isthmus', deltas, peninsulas, hills.
Allow students time to review landform vocabulary using an existing Quizlet flashcard set or create your own set.
3 Whole Group Modeling
- Explain to students that they will be creating a talking landform in this activity. They will use the ChatterPix Kid app (it is helpful if students are already familiar with the app).
- Students will be expected to conduct some research on their landform and to write a script prior to using ChatterPix Kid. Information can be obtained from books or websites specified by the teacher (ie., Discovery Education, Gale KidsInfoBits, or other available databases).
- Once the students have written their script, they will locate an image to use for their ChatterPix video. Remind students that videos are limited to 30 seconds.
- Review the process by writing a short script and creating a video as a group.
4 Research, Writing, and Project Creation
- Students will select a landform for their project, then conduct research using print and digital media.
- Students will write a script to use in their video then practice reading it. Remind students that videos are limited to 30 seconds in length.
- Students will locate an image to use for their ChatterPix video.
- Students will use ChatterPix Kid to create a video of a talking landform using their prepared script.