Bringing the story of one child’s heroic effort to light
OFF-SITE RESOURCEBecause most of these kids work 7 days a week for 12-18 hours/day what experiences are these kids missing out on?
- Open Padlet questions (2) and collect responses.
- Show GoogleSlides with examples of the types of things child slaves are doing.
- Open the next Padlets (2) to allow student to respond.
- Discussion to follow.
2 Direct Instruction
- Use the Goformative link to read and react to the slave labor going on in Africa
3 Guided Instruction
- Watch video on child labor in India.
- Students will create their own PSA billboard against child labor.
4 Wrap Up
- Show Iqbal photo/quote.
- Exit ticket in Google Docs to the following:
After today's lesson about child slavery/labor, how has your opinion about Iqbal changed?