Iggy Peck Architect Activity
Teacher begins lesson by gathering all the students, and projecting a Padlet containing different pictures of architecture
- Famous modern buildings
- Historic buildings
- Gov. buildings
- Strange buildings
- Tree house
- Minecraft homes
Ask students questions
- Which house would you like to live in?
- What is your favorite part of this building?
- What do you think this building is made of?
- What could you do in this building that you couldn't do in school?
2 Reading - Whole Group
Begin reading Iggy Peck Architect
Teacher questions to ask;
- What materials does Iggy use?
- What is your favorite building Iggy built?
3 Planning & Designing
After the story, students will be tasked to design a building of their own. This will be a great way to teach planning and having them become creative with their drawings. Be sure that students write down what type of building they made, and what materials they used.
4 Presenting + Improvements
Students will come back together and share their buildings with each other. Students will be given time to improve upon their building after the discussion
5 LEGO TIME
After students are all finished, allow them time throughout the do what architects do. Allow them to build like Iggy Peck during free time or stations