Federalists v. Anti Federalists
1. Have group discussion with class about todays political parties.
2. Compare and Contrast the differences between the two parties.
3. Relate the parties to colonial times of the Federalists and Anti-Federalist parties.
2 Direct Instruction
1. Introduce students to the Federalists and Anti-Federalists parties.
2. Explain what each side supported and why.
3. Introduce Melacton Smith and Alexander Hamilton as key figures.
3 Guided Practice
1. Introduce Reading Like a Historian site and allow students to find primary resources from Hamilton and Smith regarding their parties.
2. Hand out graphic organizer and chart asking question about traits of each party.
3. Assign groups and have students work to answer graphic organizer.
4 Independent Practice
1. Have students ( on their own) write a mini essay comparing and contrasting the Federalists and Anti-Federalists party.
1. If students are still having trouble introduce them to Teaching History site. Allow them to explore the site for homework.