Electricity (Simulating circuits)
1 Pre-Assess Knowledge
- Create a quiz about electricity with some specific questions addressing vocabulary such as electricity, components, source, energy, parts of the circuit, series and parallel, fuse, resistance...
- Share Quiz: SOC-3460633
- Run the quiz and analyze the results to see the parts the students are familiar and the ones you need to reinforce the content through the unit
- Join the room number and complete the quiz
- Presentation about the different concepts of the unit
- Some clip videos and questions related to them
- Students complete some worksheets after the presentation
- Run any of the quizzes available on Electrical Circuits (different levels of difficulty)
- Brainpop animations + activities available (Electricity and Electrical Circuits)
- Log into kahoot.it with GAME PIN (whatever you get)
- Brainpop time (independ work as there are activities linked to the animations)
- Share the instructions sheet "PHET- Series Circuits Investigation"
- Explain how PHET works
- Resources here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6S998W8JQeLVlZUclEtOGNzX3M
- Download PHET (Electrical Circuits) software and install it in your laptop.
Follow instructions in the worksheet and complete the questions, including your circuits drawings.