Eating Disorders (Project)
- Show the EATING DISORDERS animation (or ask the students to watch it independently)
- Ask students to do the quiz and activities
- Students complete the quiz and activity (vocabulary) after watching the animation
- State that to stay healthy a person must have each of the food groups discussed, in the right amounts. Too much or too little of any group can lead to malnutrition.
- Divide the class in small groups.
- Each group is assigned to one example of malnutrition. They must include the cause and symptom and suggest treatment/suggested diet to improve health.
- They can present in any format: video, keynote, animation...
- To engage the class in their presentation, they must create a quiz on KAHOOT to run after the presentation to consolidate knowledge or a ZAPTION video including questions.
- Food disorders for the project:
- coronary heart disease
- obesity and Anorexia
- Anaemia (iron deficiency)