Coronavirus response: We have free resources to support you through the pandemic.
Digital Citizenship Scenarios
1 Direct Instruction
1. The teacher will use the West Virginia Specific E-rate lessons provided by CommonSense Media for each grade level.
1. The students will engage in the activities set forth in the lesson by CommonSense media.
2 Guided Practice, Independent practice
1. The teacher will have the students get in groups of 2. It is also ok if a student would like to work by themselves.
2. The teacher will instruct the student to pick a topic that they have learned about during their digital citizenship lesson (ex. cyber bullying, digital footprint, words can hurt..etc).
3. The teacher will then have students access a web browser and go to storyboardthat.com
1. Students will pick a partner if they would like.
2. Students will choose a topic from the lesson.
3. Students will access storyboard that website.
4. The students will create a scenario for the topic they have chosen. They can choose to make their storyboards as long as they want with a minimum of 6 boards.
1. The teacher will have the students present their storyboards the rest of the class.
2. The teacher will ask the students questions regarding the information they have seen during the presentation and will prompt discussion by asking the students what would happen if the scenario was a little different( based on student creations).