Creating and Mixing Color
1 Step 1: Exploring the primary colors; red, yellow and blue
- Provide mixing trays and paint brushes.
- Display each primary color for students to observe.
- Each student is presented with two colors to mix together.
- Students will observe and discuss what happens to certain colors when mixed together.
- Discuss how many colors are created from 3 primary colors.
- Provide paintbrushes and paper to create a special painting.
- Choose 2 colors to mix.
- Discuss with peers what is observed from the colors mixed.
- Mix new colors with white to observe the changes
- Use those colors to create a colorful picture.