Compare/Contrast using Cinderella
1 Fairy Tales Retelling
- Review the tale, Cinderella with students. Pull up titanpad.com and have students write what they remember about the Cinderella Disney movie
- Then have students write what the set, characters, plot of that story
- Review what the students have wrote- make sure students know what set is, characters are and what plot is
- Then pull up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zUNkLZp1ek It's another version of Cinderella
- Using google hangouts, have students pair into groups of three to gather information about: who, what, where, when, why and how of the store
- About a half hour later have students create a venn diagram using: https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/edit/b6d7d309-93e5-4d26-a7b0-e26a5a...
- Have the students compare and contrast the two different stories- use plot, setting, characters
- Write what you remember about Cinderella- include set, characters and plot. If you aren't sure what something is make an educated guess
- Then listen to what the teacher has to say, make any necessary changes
- Watch a different version of Cinderella
- Then in Googlehangouts write about the new Cinderella version
- Then compare and contrast the two different versions of Cinderella using venn diagrams
Key Standards Supported
Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.