Coding-Digital Story Telling
1 Direct Instruction
1. The teacher will have the students log into the Tynker website.
2. The teacher will instruct students on the parameters of the assignment, i.e number of slides, actors, and backgrounds.
1. The students will log into the Tynker website and create a blank stage.
2. Students will need to create a 5 scene digital story.
3. Each scene will need to have a different background.
4. Students will choose actors based on their topic (Civil war battle or figure).
2 Independent Practice
1. The teacher will walk around and facilitate the class by answering student questions and assisting with coding.
1. Students will work on their digital stories independently.
2. They will need to decide on:
- Which backgrounds they will use.
- Number of actors.
- Which event blocks will start their story.
- How will they progress from page to page.
The teacher will have students present their stories to the class
Students will present their stories to the class and will answer questions addressed by their peers.