1 Set-up Geometry Pad for the activity
Students must have Geometry Pad App (free version) downloaded. They should be familiar enough with the app in order to follow this step independently. If not, the teacher will need to walk them through as a group.
Open Geometry Pad. Under the tool menu (gear symbol):
- Turn "grid lines" on
- Turn "show axes" on
- Turn "isometric dot paper" off
- Adjust the zoom so that axes markings are by "ones" but are numbered by "fives"
2 WS Slope #5
Teacher will monitor student activity. Students will not be officially accountable for their Geometry Pad verifications, but the worksheet will be graded, so checking answers would be in their best interest.
- Calculate the slope in simplest fraction form using the lesson and notes presented
- If you need a refresher, view the teachertube video http://www.teachertube.com/video/reader039s-theatre-105663
- After each slope is calculated, plot points on Geometry Pad, draw the line, and verify the slope by inspecting "metric"
3 Exit Quiz
Students will complete an informal assessment to determine their readiness for a formal quiz.
Open the Kahoot app and wait for instructions.