Using an overhead projector show students the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd8SQUsqQpY&list=UUbEKfCSIU12cEQVaJcwIhMg
In this introduction the teacher is providing visual inspiration to engage the students. The overall goal will be the excite students about architecture and start the thought proccess of what architecture means to them.
- Ask the students what they feel Architecture means to them.
- Allow for classroom discussion
- View video and take notes that catch your attention for a discussion after the video.
- Students will participate in a class discussion that relates back to the video-what did they like about the video and what did they not like about the video.
- Students will be asked to share what they already know about architecture
2 Direct Instruction
- The teacher will direct students to use their technology device to download if not already provided, the Simplenote app.
- The teacher shall provide assitance to students in using the app and will provide a brief demonstration on how to take notes and retrieve them using the app.
- Lecture Chapter 34 from classroom text
- The goal is to provide students will a technological form of note taking.
- Increase student success in note-taking
- Provide students with information needed to create floor plans
- Teacher demonstration
- Lecture on Chapter 34 in class text
- Using the Simplenote App on students tablets or computers, students take notes from lecture.
- The students will reflect back and use notes during class discussing or test taking.
3 Guided Practice
- Teacher will demonstrate how to create "webbing" and/or "Mind-mapping" of ideas for the current assignment.
- Teacher will provide design brief of specifications to create and design a floor plan
- Using a electronic form of webbing or mind-mapping will allow students to express solutions and ideas to the class in a visual form.
- Students will use the specifications from the design brief to map out ideas
- Teacher demonstration on Bubble.us
- After students complete their own mind-map or web teacher will create a group web or mind-map
- Using Bubble.us app students will complete a web of ideas about shapes and what they could be used for.
- Students will then use a "Think, Pair, Share" activity to discuss their findings.
4 Independent Practice
- Instruct students on the purpose of digital media and the importance of new technologies when creating designs
- Allow students time to familiarize themselves with the design app
- Allow time for students to ask questions and the teacher will provide assistance if needed
- Engage students in home design from design brief
- Based on an innovative approach towards problem-solving in architecture, and developed by a team of talented engineers and 3D artists, Home Design 3D technology is the irrefutable proof that power and easy-of-use can be combined in a single groundbreaking and intuitive application. This program will allow students to use creativity in a digital form
- Students will develop knowledge of design through 3D visual activities
- Teacher demonstration of app
- Teacher will provide assistance and walk around the room to engage students
Using the Home Design 3D app students will:
- Students will use the design brief provided by the teacher to create a floor plan that meets the specifications set
- Provide evidance of understanding and problem solving using the required app
- Show students how to download and use Slideidea app
- Provide students with requirements for the slideidea presentation
- provide assitance to students
- Reflection on the activity with students
- Provide feedback with graded rubric from Rubistar
- To allow students the opportunity to create a slide presentation and present to peers in a visual way
Using the Slideidea app or website and the Rubric from the teacher students will:
- Students will use Ipads or tablets to create presentations on their floor plans and design ideas to share with the class.
- Students will create images using the Home Design 3D application and share reasoning to the class of design
- Students will present solutions to the class