All About Me!
1 HOOK: DAY 1
Hello! My name is Ms. Machado and I want to learn about you all.
-Show students own book.
Now you will be creating your own books to introduce yourselves to me and your classmates.
- Create your own e-book and introduce yourself to the students.
- Tell students that they will be creating their own "book" so that you can get to know them as well as their classmates.
- Have the book creator app open and have the students first introduce the title and author in book creator. Then demonstrate adding their name under the title.
Students will listen and watch as the teacher introduces themselves and goes through their e-book.
2 DIRECT INSTRUCTION & GUIDED PRACTICE: DAY 2
Use the popplet app to help students organize what they will say in their mini story when they record themselves using the tellegami app. Tellagami only allows 30 seconds to record, so their mini story should look like this:
Beginning: Name and grade level
Middle: something interesting about themselves.
End/Conclusion: Nice to meet you, Thanks for learning all about me!
When students have practiced what they want to say, show them how to record their mini story using Tellagami. Save it to the camera roll on the iPad and import into book creator.
3 INDEPENDENT PRACTICE-DAY 3/4
Students pair-share which pages they want to try in their book. Then have students fill out an idea map outlining the pages that will go into their story and which tool they will use like poppet. They only need 3 pages, but they can include more. They should write down any words that they may need to know how to spell in their story.
Book should look like:
- picture and name on the front
- rename the book with the title and author
- 3 pages in your final product
4 WRAPPING UP- DAY 5
When students finish their ebooks in book creator, they can export those books to an e-reader such as iBooks, Nook, or Kindle. Then let students read the e-books their classmates created.