Common Sense Education's Second Annual Teacher Institute was an event for the record books! We packed 100 teachers, administrators, and thought leaders into Twitter's Aviary Room on Friday, February 3, to explore how educators can measure student outcomes beyond traditional grading. And we ended up in a dynamic, insightful, and collaborative space far "beyond the gradebook."
Presentation topics ranged from teaching students how to spot fake news to learning the benefits of teamwork while trying to literally break open a locked box. Among the education thought leaders who presented were:
- Merve Lapus (@molapus), Common Sense Education
- Patricia Cartes (@cartes), Twitter
- Erin Whalen & Kari Croft (@DaVinciRISEHigh), RISE High
- Jennifer Auten (@gr2ipadteacher), Common Sense Ambassador
- Kelly Mendoza (@kellymendoza), Common Sense Education
- James Sanders (@jamestsanders) & Adam Bellow (@adambellow), Breakout EDU founders
- Jeff Knutson (@jeffreyknutson) & Tanner Higgin (@fearv), Common Sense Education
- Ariel Raz (@arielefant), K12 Lab Network/d.school | Shadow a Student
Common Sense Education would like to thank everyone who made this special day possible, including all event attendees and Twitter for Good, who graciously sponsored the event (did we mention there was a cheese platter?).
Interested in teacher tips for measuring student outcomes "beyond the gradebook?" Sign up for the Digital Classroom newsletter to get insights from teachers delivered to your inbox weekly. In the meantime, enjoy this highlights video and keep an eye out for the Third Annual Teacher Institute coming next year!