Whether you're new to Common Sense Media’s Digital Literacy and Citizenship curriculum or have been using it for years, this is a good time to refresh your knowledge of all that's offered within our lesson pages. There are a lot of new resources!
1. Unit Assessments. These interactive tests include a mix of multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, drag-and-drop, and short-answer questions. Students can email their results directly to you. Find them all on our Interactive Assessments Landing Page, or access them from the sidebar of the lesson page.
2. Student packets. For teachers who want all student handouts and materials in one place, we’ve got you covered. Download and print our new Unit-level Student Packets.
3. Student materials … in Spanish! All student-facing handouts – including Unit Packets – are available in Spanish.
Click on the image to enlarge it.
Oldies but Goodies:
4. Downloading Videos. Did you know that you're allowed to download our videos and store them on your hard drive so you can show them to students without a live Internet connection? Simply click on the download link beneath any video thumbnail.
5. Professional Development Videos. Want to see a lesson plan in action? Learn from exemplary teachers by watching one of our Teaching Strategies videos today.
6. Standards Alignment. At the bottom of each lesson page, you’ll find the Common Core State Standards and ISTE NETSS standards that the lesson fulfills. For a complete mapping of our Scope and Sequence to these standards, along with AASL standards, visit our Standards Alignments Charts – linked at the top of each lesson page under Curriculum Materials.
7. Family Tip Sheets. Each of our lessons is linked to a relevant Family Tip Sheet, which you can download, print, or email to parents.