How I Use It
This tool can be used as a teacher tool or student lead. Book Creator allows students to create powerful and engaging demonstrations of learning. Think journals, collaborative books, tutorials, lab reports and reflections, comics, teacher or student created textbooks, or published stories. There are countless ways to integrate it in your classroom with your content. This tool allows users to create a digital compilation of text, images, videos, sounds, music, and drawings. Book Creator can be used as an iOS iPad app or in Chrome on any tablet. Embedding content allowed my students to take their assessment of learning to a whole new level. They impressed me with how they constructed not only their learning, but their book. They thought critically about every aspect and how it would appeal or not to the reader.
Top Five Reasons to Use Book Creator:
1. Combine books in your library to make one class book.
2. Sharing is simple (print as a pdfs, publish online, share as ePub file, or embed page snippets online).
3. Read to Me allows you to sit back and listen.
4. Features (text, image, drawing tools, video, pictures, "invisible" audio, and more) are top notch and Creative Commons images take the fuss out of online searching.
5. Teachers can track progress and provide immediate feedback on pages as needed.