How I Use It
Teacher uses have included:
- sequencing the steps of today's lesson
- sequencing important events of a text
- demonstrate an appropriate video before students creating their own
- as a self-evaluation of knowledge
- groups sequence steps to completing a project
- individuals/partners/groups use to highlight specific story elements of a text.
In my classroom, students worked in groups with Animoto during a poetry unit. During this unit, students learned the importance of specific and "powerful" words that authors use to write poetry. Each group had to collect and sequence images that elicit a particular mood, pair that with available Animoto music, and create a video that demonstrates a poem they wrote or found that has "powerful words." Presentation of these videos was one of the highlights from this unit. In fact, several students stated it was one of their favorite projects of the year. Animoto enables students to easily convey their mastery of a skill.
Animoto enables students to create engaging, professional-looking videos that can demonstrate student knowledge of:
- content knowledge about a subject
- highlighting key understanding/interests about a subject